¡Bienvenidos!

Hiya!
Here will be the spot for brief expressions of
any notion I fancy..albeit traditional entries,
poems, pics, videos, etc! I am here for your
entertainment, but if that doesn't happen,
default to facebook. :P
Enjoy.

1.14.2010

boys boys boys? NO. books book books

Today was pretty academically unproductive compared to yesterday, but its all good because we have Monday off for MLKJr Day!!! I just remembered! Kinda weird we have a holiday a week into the semester, but that gives me more time to get my books in and my readings done, so whew!  I must admit it is quite scary sitting in the front of these discussion-type classes not having done the readings, but luckily I am getting along well with the teachers so far so this should be a good start.  


Started a research project yesterday..well, actually it was two assignments at once..one is to give a comprehensive and concise definition of a 'theory' and the other is to study Emile Durkheim, an old sociologist (yeah, that's all I know about him so far...hence the necessity for research :P ) Coincidentally I had perused through the library for the first time the day before and found the few reference books they have on sociology and was able to go straight to them! I think I have about 7 sources now for the 'theory' assignment so now all I have to do is put it together.  


I also took a trip to the South Cobb Regional Library and ordered the book for pleasure-reading I have been looking forward to...Green by Ted DekKer..the last and prequel book to The Circle Series.  However, its already been checked out :( Waiting for that to get in along with one sociology book..Really, I get frustrated with the library...they barely had any books on sociology and none on Durkheim..I wonder how to go about getting more books into the libraries? Probably means more taxes :/  I also checked out Villete by Charlotte Bronte (I have never heard of it before, but its supposed to be Jane Eyre -ish so I should enjoy it), Digital Fortress by Dan Brown, and Emma by Jane Austen.  I was getting a few pages into Tale of Two Cities by Dickens, but I think I'll save that one for later. 


Went to Town Center mall and stopped at a secret location! I don't want to broadcast it until closer to time, but I am quite looking forward to an event in the near future.  I will blog ALL about it when the time is right.  I picked up some 'boot warmers' too :) So I can wear my boots without looking like a vamp :)  They rang up at a whopping $5.26!! LOVE getting savings!


So enough business...I'm getting excited for the Wii Partii!! I hope to introduce some of my faithful friends to my newer ones!  And to figure out when everyone has breaks and how classes are going and such.  And I can't pass up an excuse to play hostess.  :) So me and mom went and bought a bunch of Cokes and Sprites and raided the clearance Christmas chocolates sections..on top of the Christmas chocolates we already have leftover, lol..and I can't wait to bake again! Its been too long now..about a month??  TOO long :) Then that night there is a possibility of a 21st birthday celebration! I LOOVEE those! So crossing my fingers for that..then hopefully I can take the sis to go see Avatar Sunday with our Regal gift cards!! 


Anyway, peace luvs!

No comments:

Post a Comment